Search This Blog

Sunday, August 3, 2014

A PART OF ME THINKS MY PARTNER IS CHEATING ON ME. I WORRY ABOUT IT ALL THE TIME. WHAT CAN I DO TO RESOLVE THIS ANXIETY?

findcheating.com
This is where you have to ask yourself if your worry is based on reason and fact or on imagination and fantasy. If you have a basis for your worry, you may allow the feelings to eat away at you rather than face the truth. The most direct way to discover the truth is to look your partner in the eyes and ask. To find out if you're imagining things, ask yourself the following questions, and be honest with yourself:
·       Do I have any evidence?
·       Is my evidence substantial?
·       If I ask my partner if he is having an affair, and he says “no”, will I believe him?
·       Is there any way he could convince me that he isn't having an affair?
·       If I hire a private detective to determine if there is an affair and the detective says “no,” would I believe her?
If your answers show that even though you don't have any evidence, your partner would deny it, and a detective would find no evidence, you would still worry—then your worry may be excessive. In this case, your worry is not based on fact or reason. Some people in this situation can be reassured but only temporarily. Treatment is often necessary because this kind of worry can easily take over your life and destroy your relationship.

If you get therapy, you may discover that there is indeed something you wish were different about your spouse or your relationship. It may be something you can speak with him about. He may or may not be willing to change, but you can have the satisfaction of knowing the truth about your own worries and knowing you took measures to address them.
Source: The Anxiety Answer Book by: Laurie A. Helgoe, PhD, Laura R. Wilhelm, PhD, Martin J. Kommor, MD

No comments:

Post a Comment